[squeak-dev] Fwd: RE: Where is Seaside download???

Lawson English lenglish5 at cox.net
Thu Oct 14 06:56:41 UTC 2010

  On 7/21/10 4:26 AM, Nikolay Suslov wrote:
> Tobias,
>
> To have Pier2 application enabled, you should manually (in workspace)
> register it for now (the same in official Seaside-3.0rc Pharo based
> image).  Just check PRPierFrame class, where there is no #initialize
> method yet, meaning that after doing (WADispatcher resetAll) you will
> lose Pier2 app.
>
> Looking at Seaside-3.0rc Pharo based image, Kom is the default.
> Thanks for pointing to the Seaside's control panel, yes it's better to
> use.
>
> Also, after loading all Seaside stuff, the default system browser is
> changed to OmniBrowser (which is default for Pharo). So, this could be
> changed to default Squeak system browser manually in Window menu.
>
> Regards,
> Nikolay

I had a nasty time trying to figure out why the browser's behavior
changed as each package in a series was loaded. Is there a discussion
somewhere as to why certain features were left out of OmniBrowser?

Also, I've noticed that within OmniBrowser, the features seem
inconsistent. Compare how the browser displays PRDistribution vs Object
for example...

Lawson