[squeak-dev] What are we leaking in the www.squeak.org process?

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Wed Oct 20 09:32:24 UTC 2010

Hi Ken,

stuff about VM parameters snipped.
KC> I would really really appreciate some guidance here.

I'm guessing here because I haven't yet seriously delved into the
memory consumption of AidaWeb. AFAIK sessions don't expire on Aidaweb.

I just did some experimenting along this lines:

WebSessionManager allInstances do: [:ea| ea initialize]
WebSession allInstances do: [:ea| ea initialize]
Smalltalk garbageCollect

Except that all sessions were lost this did no visible harm. It
reclaimed some memory in the Windows taskmanager though.

In each browser I had to relogin (my app requires a login) and all data
where lost. In Squeak.org loss of data should not matter.

So if you can make a local copy you can start to experiment. If you
point me to an FTP site with an image and changes I'm willing to
experiment and report here. I'd need to know the version of the VM to
use. I'm on Windows.

hth,

Herbert