[squeak-dev] no monticello HTTPS: repository option

Robert Hawley rhawley at plymouth.ac.uk
Sat Oct 23 00:15:29 UTC 2010

Hi

Monticello does not have https as one of the options for possible repository locations.

I am using my idisk public area for a repository.  I can write to it using a directory setting.

However, it would be good to be able to use the http setting (instead of directory) so that the repository can be accessed by others.

As (I guess this is the problem) the area is located with https: (even though I am not requiring a password) it cannot be used for accessing using a url.  Even if I put http://.... it gets converted to https://.... . Trying this in Pharo or Squeak gives an error.

Are there any fixes?