[squeak-dev] Please Add To Trunk (was: refactoring browser in Squeak?)

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Wed Oct 27 20:52:38 UTC 2010

On Wed, 27 Oct 2010, Eliot Miranda wrote:

> Hi Tobias,
>
> On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 7:36 AM, Tobias Pape <Das.Linux at gmx.de> wrote:
>
>> Am 2010-10-25 um 18:08 schrieb Tim Felgentreff:
>>> Kernel-topa.508, Compiler-tfel.175
>>

> regarding  Compiler-tfel.175 I don't dee the point of this change.  The
> preference is already called Preferences>allowUnderscoreAssignment so if the
> idea is to move to a pragma-based preference more needs to be done, and I
> would call the method Scanner class>>allowUnderscoreAssignment, not add two
> extra selectors #allowUnderscoreAsAssignment and
> #prefAllowUnderscoreAssignments.  What do these add except confusion?

In Pharo the preference accessor is called #allowUnderscoreAsAssignment in
Squeak it's #prefAllowUnderscoreAssignments. The OB code uses the Pharo
version, since OB is developed for Pharo. So there are three choices:
- add Compiler-tfel.175 to the Trunk
- rename the preference accessor in Squeak to #allowUnderscoreAsAssignment
- add a Squeak compatibility package for OB which implements this method
as in Compiler-tfel.175

Levente