[squeak-dev] To a terabyte and... beyond

Dan Ingalls dan at squeakland.org
Fri Oct 29 04:25:18 UTC 2010

Hi Guys ;-)

Anyone have experience with running super huge Squeaks?  I have the
chance to use an absurdly big machine.  I'd appreciate advice
(offline unless you think it would be generally useful) regarding the
relative stability of, say, linux and windoze builds of 64-bit
Squeaks known (or thought) to run with over a terabyte of objects,
and also where there may be some pre-built 64-bit images (sorry if
this is in an obvious place).  Finally (since I've mainly used a Mac
for Squeak) I guess I'll have to know how to tell it how big to be,
or would it grow gracefully if I just said "(String new:
1000000000000) size" in a normal image?

Thanks

	- Dan