[squeak-dev] Some strange behavior

Michael Haupt mhaupt at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 07:13:09 UTC 2010

Hi,

On 29 October 2010 02:57, Lawson English <lenglish5 at cox.net> wrote:
> The moral is: don't use floating point math to do accounting...

believe it or not, I once received the most hilarious invoice. The
relevant part is attached. Note that this is a snippet taken out of a
real invoice I got in a box with some article I had ordered. *This is
real.* (Need to emphasise.)

See attachment. The text at the bottom says "amount remaining to be
paid", and the negative number suggests they owe me. ;-)

Well, I sent them a friendly e-mail, thanking them for their kindness
- after all they actually admitted they would take care of me and my
family for some time. Very generous. They didn't respond to my
question whether they would rather pay all at once or by installments.
Huh.

Best,

Michael