[squeak-dev] OSProcess and Cuis: successes and failures, cumulative changes

Ross Boylan RossBoylan at stanfordalumni.org
Fri Sep 3 21:35:53 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-09-03 at 16:22 -0400, David T. Lewis wrote:
> > Here's the  code I put in ProtoObject
> > ifNotNilDo: ifNotNilBlock
> >       "RB adds for back compatibility"
> >       "Evaluate the block, unless I'm == nil (q.v.)"
> >
> >       ^ ifNotNilBlock valueWithPossibleArgs: {self}

Duh.  I also need, in UndefinedObject in Cuis
ifNotNilDo: aBlock
	"RB back compatibility"
	^ self

Of course the right way is to change the OSProcess code to use something
more portable than ifNotNilDo:.

With that change, and still more tests added, I have 3 failures out of
190 tests run.  They are in
UnixProcessUnixFileLockingTestCase>>testCooperatingProcesses0[12]
and the comparable 02 (but not 01) method for Win32 version.

Unfortunately, the debugger one can bring up on the failures isn't very
informative about the exact source of the failure.

Ross