[squeak-dev] Monticello UI

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Sat Sep 4 17:17:40 UTC 2010

On 03.09.2010, at 20:16, Casey Ransberger wrote:

> +1
>
> I totally feel nervousness whenever I commit in MC, and not with other SCMs. I hadn't thought about why.
>
> This is exactly why. Git always tells me what I've changed, what files aren't staged for commit, etc, whenever I commit, for example.

The Inbox now has Monticello-bf.399 which implements this. It's text-only like in other SCMs but still serves as a nice reminder IMHO, and can easily be ignored.

I tested it in various situations (like when saving a new package) but since Monticello is a critical system part I'd like others to test it too, first, before committing to trunk.