[squeak-dev] Namespaces/Environments

Chris Cunnington smalltalktelevision at gmail.com
Mon Sep 6 17:43:37 UTC 2010

"You shouldn't install Shout, because Squeak has ShoutCore loaded which gives
the same features. I also think that ConfigurationOfOmniBrowser is better
than the Installer scripts. Dale used to test configurations with Squeak
4.1."

Environments wants two things that are not present:

PluggableShoutMorph

SHWorkspace

Installing Shout gives the first.

Installing ShoutWorkspace gives the second.

Shout-Core doesn't have PluggableShoutMorph. I think you're talking
about reloading SHParserST80, which is already present.

As for your second point, that may be true, but OmniBrowser sure
hasn't been a problem for me loading Environments. The rb has been the
problem. And then Shout.

I imagine we've got to change Squeak a little to accommodate
Environments. Then we've got to ask James and German to change the
package a bit. Such as putting:

SmalltalkImage>>#hasBindingThatBeginsWith: aString

^ self globals hasBindingThatBeginsWith: aString

in a method category called *Environments, so it gets carried along
into Squeak via the mcz package from SqS.

Chris