[squeak-dev] Browser whitewash

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Mon Sep 6 18:18:46 UTC 2010

On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 1:59 AM, Hannes Hirzel <hannes.hirzel at gmail.com>wrote:

> On 9/6/10, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> >     while all these cool new browsers are great I get on well with the
> > standard browser and my multi-window hack around it.
>
> Interesting,
> What do you mean by multi-window hack, Eliot?

In trunk go to preferences browsing and enable Multi-window browsers, then
open a Browser.  Use e.g. find class to ... find a class.  Then use find
class to ... find another class; voila the window label says 2. SecondClass.
 If you mouse in that label with the left/red button you'll find its a
drop-down menu which selects between different browsers that now share the
same screen real-estate.  I depend on this; its a cheap tabbed browser
implementation and at least for me I like its light-weight - IMO tabs steal
too much screen real estate.  The scheme marks changed browsers as red
entries in the multi-window menu and won't discard edits in any of the other
browsers on close without confirmation, etc.