[squeak-dev] The Gromit Project [was: Squeak browser plugin and JavaScript]

Dan Ingalls dan at squeakland.org
Mon Sep 6 18:57:28 UTC 2010

Hi Guys -

This may be a bit off-topic, but I believe it touches on several of
the ideas at work here...

I'm starting a modest project (along with Robert Krahn and Marko
Roeder at the Hasso Plattner Institute) to extend the Lively Kernel
universe to...

	servers and databases via Node.JS or Jaxer or similar
	visualization via ProtoVis or InfoVis or similar
	other languages via OMeta
	the cloud via AppEngineJS or similar
	3D via WebGL

We're short on resources, so this will happen slowly, and we're not
even "done" making LK what it should be, but that's the idea.

Whether it makes sense or not, it certainly should be possible to
take the OMeta part of this and play around in a lively manner with,
eg, Smalltalk, Clamato and Newspeak.  If there is significant
interest, it would be fairly easy slide the OMeta work up a bit in
our schedule.

	- Dan