[squeak-dev] rb and ob

Colin Putney colin at wiresong.com
Mon Sep 6 23:20:58 UTC 2010

On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 11:33 AM, Ralph Johnson <johnson at cs.uiuc.edu> wrote:

> Right conclusion, wrong reason.  It is important to some of us Squesk users.
>
> The real reason to freeze the version is that the people who make new
> versions of ob and rb are not testing in Squeak, only in Pharo.  So,
> they will keep breaking the Squeak build unless we ensure that we only
> update to a new version of ob after we have tested it.

Indeed. It's quite important to me that OB work well on Squeak. I'd
like to be making more frequent releases that track Lukas' RB work,
but I'm just too busy with other things at the moment. (Particularly
with ESUG right around the corner!)

If somebody wants to step up and take on updating
ConfigurationOfOmniBrowser, I'll be happy to help sort out any
technical issues that come up. I just don't have the bandwidth to
coordinate things.

Colin