[squeak-dev] Re: MVC debugging

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Tue Sep 7 04:48:46 UTC 2010

On 9/6/2010 9:34 PM, Florin Mateoc wrote:
>   On 9/6/2010 9:56 PM, Andreas Raab wrote:
>> That leads me to believe that we're getting all the way through Debugger class openOn:context:label:contents:fullView:
>> to the end where it says "process suspend" and no new MVC process is being spawned.
>>
>> And that's about where my MVC knowledge ends these days. Any ideas how to spawn the proper MVC scheduler process? It's
>> probably some equvilant to #spawnNewProcessIfThisIsUI: in Morphic but I don't know the magic incantation.
>>
> It should be ScheduledControllers searchForActiveController, but I suspect ScheduledControllers is nil (it should be an
> instance of ControlManager)

This doesn't sound right to me. ScheduledControllers isn't nil (it's "a
ControlManager") since I'm running this code from MVC, but
#searchForActiveController ends with "Processor terminateActive" which
seems decidedly wrong for a situation where we want to *debug* the
process, not terminate it.

However, if I instead use ScheduledControllers>>spawnNewProcess (which
looks vaguely correct in such that it's indeed the equivalent of
#spawnNewProcessIfThisIsUI:) the result is no lockup, but no debugger is
showing up either :-(

Cheers,
   - Andreas