[squeak-dev] Re: [Pharo-users] Vote for the best Smalltalk book of the last 5 years...

stephane ducasse stephane.ducasse at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 07:51:15 UTC 2010

>>> Dear all,
>>>
>>> for some more or less conceivable reason, this hasn't made it to the
>>> Squeak list yet.
>>
>> like what?
>> I'm curious to learn.
>
> Like "conflict of interest"? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conflict_of_interest)
>
> "A conflict of interest (COI) occurs when an individual or organization is involved in multiple interests, one of which could possibly corrupt the motivation for an act in the other."
>
> Given that you're both the author of half of the books as well as president of ESUG (the organizer) it's pretty clear that you're stuck in a conflict of interest situation. Inviting the Pharo community to participate and not others only shows how deep the conflict of interest goes - the president of ESUG shouldn't favor individual communities, should he?

Thanks andreas for this welcome mail.
of course that esug does not something is not the wish of everybody.
And people will vote not us. And this is not my fault if I spent my nights trying to get better a smalltalk world.
Everybody can write books: a book is a word + a word + a word a lot of time, even you can do it.
Now yesterday I had a difficult day
	- five visitors (one chilean, one argentinian, noury, luc, mariano and a team of 9 people to synchronize).
You see I even forgot to send the mail to the seaside mailing-list.

Thanks again for such encouragement.

Stef (talking small).