[squeak-dev] Re: [Esug-list] [Pharo-users] Vote for the best Smalltalk book of the last 5 years...

Michael Haupt mhaupt at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 08:57:42 UTC 2010

Serge,

On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 10:46 AM, Serge Stinckwich
<serge.stinckwich at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think we need more translations also ! We have only Squeak by
> Example in english and french. The same for Pharo by Example.
> I was wondering that maybe this is difficult for people who don't have
> the energy or the skill to  setup a repository for translation.
> Maybe we should use an infrastructure like the one used for FLOSS
> Manuals (http://en.flossmanuals.net/ ) in order to be able to launch
> new translations very easily.
>
> What is the community thinking about that ?

more translations: yes please, and I'm willing to contribute, but
infrastructure is key. I don't have a clue about what is possible in
terms of infrastructures for multi-language documentation/book
projects, but if it provides good tracking capabilities (e.g.,
alerting translators to languages B..Z when a substantial content-wise
(not just language polishing) change is done in the version of
language A), that would be worthwhile.

Best,

Michael