[squeak-dev] Is Cincom slowly killing Visual Smalltalk Enterprice

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Wed Sep 8 11:44:41 UTC 2010

On 08. 09. 2010 07:38, Randal L. Schwartz wrote:

> Henrik> I sorry Randal, but I cannot disclose such details in public
> Henrik> without violating several NDA. Please remember that Cincom is
> Henrik> not only James Robertson (and the other Smalltalk advocates in
> Henrik> the company).
>
> Then your fight should not have come public either.
>
> If you can't lay out all the facts, you can't have my support.  You just
> sound like you're whining.  I'm not alone in this observation.
>
> And I'll go further and say that your fight should NEVER HAVE COME TO
> squeak-dev either.  This is not an issue regarding the development of
> Squeak core or Squeak forks.
>
> And wearing my official Squeak Board Member hat for a moment, I'm now
> asking you to officially end this thread here.

Well, it is certainly good that Henrik started this discussion in a
Smalltalk community (which has many mailing lists) and preserving one
still widely used Smalltalk dialect is something Smalltalk community
need to work on with all seriousness. And Cincom guys should do their
best to that goal.

So, thanks Hendrik to come out with that problem and keep going on!

Best regards
Janko

--
Janko Mivšek