[squeak-dev] Re: MVC debugging

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sat Sep 11 20:49:32 UTC 2010

On Sat, Sep 11, 2010 at 11:26:21AM -0400, David T. Lewis wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 11, 2010 at 01:42:32AM -0400, Florin Mateoc wrote:
> >
> > Ok, with the current changeset you can interrupt "[true] whileTrue" or "Smalltalk createStackOverflow", and if you let
> > "Smalltalk createStackOverflow" run, it will trigger the low space watcher and you can then recover.
> >
> > For interrupting processes running at higher priority I think the appropriate solution is not the debugger but an
> > emergency evaluator running at an even higher priority
>
> Florin,
>
> Very nice! The low space watcher works correctly in MVC with your latest
> changes.

To summarize where I think we are at on this, Florin's updates all look
great to me (modulo the change from #open1: to #openDebugger: and perhaps
a check for theInterruptedProcess ifNotNil: on the first line of
#interruptName:preemptedProcess:) and I think they should be included in
trunk.

Andreas, can you confirm your agreement?

Florin, can you please confirm that your changes are contributed under
MIT license for inclusion in Squeak? Sorry if this was already done,
I'm just checking in order to be careful with the license.

If all is well I will do the updates to trunk tomorrow (unless someone
else gets to it first).

Thanks,
Dave