[squeak-dev] RE: Mark and space parity

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Sun Sep 12 07:23:54 UTC 2010

Bill,

SWK> wondered about that last night.  There is a fairly extensive book
SWK> full of barcodes that I believe are for changing the scanner's
SWK> behavior.  In your experience, are such changes stored in
SWK> persistent store (flash, eprom, etc.), or are they transient such
SWK> that they typically have to be restored each time the scanner
SWK> loses power?  If I can get it to use something friendly to the vm
SWK> and stay that way, that might be a good solution.

that's the way to go. Years ago we used these books to set all our
scanners to 8n1 and then did the rest of the scanner configuration via
terminal software.

And yes, in our scanners the settings are permanent. We have Jarltech
2070 scanners but also different brands (meteologic?). The scanning
software imho doesn't know about different scanner types.

Cheers,

Herbert