[squeak-dev] Re: WebClient with proxy NTLM authentication

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Thu Sep 16 16:05:15 UTC 2010

On 9/16/2010 5:43 AM, Denis Kudriashov wrote:
> Is WebClient supports proxy NTLM authentication?

It doesn't.

> If not Can you advise me how two implement it?

You have basically two options:
1) Implement it from scratch. There are a number of resources that
describe NTLM in detail (basically reverse-engineered since there's no
official documentation), for example:

	http://www.innovation.ch/personal/ronald/ntlm.html

2) Implement it via a plugin using the Microsoft SSP interface. Your
starting point would be here:

	http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa375512%28VS.85%29.aspx

FWIW, we went for option #2 in our products; the authentication part is
tricky (lots of details) but straightforward in principle (i.e., you
basically call InitializeSecurityContext twice and are done).

Cheers,
   - Andreas