[squeak-dev] Polymorph found in universes not installing on pristine squeak 4.1

Lawson English lenglish5 at cox.net
Tue Sep 21 18:07:54 UTC 2010

  100% reproducible which means I'm either doing something fundamentally
wrong, or I'm missing something. I *thought* that PolyMorph would
install on Squeak...

Step 1) download pristine copy of Squeak 4.1 for Mac OS X from squeak.org.
Step 2) open Universe browser.
Step 3) refresh the available packages.
Step 4) select the latest ToolBuilder.
Step 5) install.

I get the moral equivalent of a kernel panic:

***System error handling failed***

Original error: Error: cannot install color.
     Debugger error: MessageNotUnderstood: PluggableSystemWindow>>createBox
Debugger class(Object)>>primitiveError.
etc