[squeak-dev] Polymorph found in universes not installing on pristinesqueak 4.1

Casey Ransberger casey.obrien.r at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 00:51:18 UTC 2010

Yep. I had it *sort* of working early in Trunk history, but Trunk moved
faster than I could keep up, and I eventually gave up. With the it's core
developers working in Pharo land, the bits had (last time I checked)
accumulated enough Pharoisms that it wasn't clear to me how to keep it
working in Trunk.

FWIW, I think there's a simpler solution to skinning Squeak than Polymorph;
when I was trying to make it work, I noted that it seemed to involve a lot
of overrides that were probably only necessary because it was hard to get
code into Squeak when it was written. I also think it makes sense to attack
that problem after we've integrated some of the simplifications that Juan
put into place in Cuis. Of course, I could be wrong.

--
Casey Ransberger