[squeak-dev] New Trunk Image: 10548

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at angband.za.org
Wed Sep 22 08:53:14 UTC 2010

On 2010/09/22 09:31, Frank Shearar wrote:
> On 2010/09/22 05:31, Casey Ransberger wrote:
>> Grab it here: http://ftp.squeak.org/trunk/Squeak4.2-10548-alpha.zip
>>
>> 2805 run, 2767 passes, 9 expected failures, 28 failures, 1 errors, 0
>> unexpected passes
>> Mac OS X 10.6.4 (Squeak4.2.5beta1U)
>>
>> The error is in WeakFinalizersTest>>#testNewFinalizationSupported, which
>> it would seem is not too big of a deal (just means the VM doesn't
>> support Igor's new finalization stuff yet.)
>>
>> Brave and noble souls will download it on various platforms, run the
>> tests, and generally make sure the image is good.
>
> This brave and noble soul tested it on Windows XP.
>
> First comment is that the "What are your initials?" popup has got to go
> if we want to automatically run tests. (But I guess this is easy to fix
> in a script that runs the tests?)
>
> "2805 run, 2760 passes, 9 expected failures, 35 failures, 1 errors, 0
> unexpected passes"
>
> Error:
> WeakFinalizers>>#testNewFinalizationSupported (because there's no
> WeakFinalizationList class (or WeakFinalizationItem))
>
> Most of the failures are in DecompilerTests. Hm, it'd be nice if we
> wrote out the failures/errors to the Transcript so I could just select &
> copy the list of failures. Hasn't someone done this, actually?
>
> Failures:
<snip>
> DecompilerTests>>#testDecompilerInClassesBAtoBM

The (first, at least) failure in this test is BasicButton label:font:,
where the parameter names and local variables have differing names:

label: t1 font: t2
	| t4 t5 |
	(self findA: StringMorph)
		ifNotNil: [:t3 | t3 delete].
	"rest of method body snipped"

versus

label: t1 font: t2
	| t3 t4 |
	(self findA: StringMorph)
		ifNotNil: [:t5 | t5 delete].
	"rest of method body snipped"

Otherwise, the two versions are isomorphic.

Maybe the test's being too restrictive and, instead of comparing the
methods as text, we need to compare the bytecodes? Oh, heh. Someone put
two handy comments in there showing the diffs between the sources and
the diffs between the bytecodes.

So the (non-)issue here is just that the temps are reordered.

frank