New finalization support code is in the Trunk now (was: Re: [squeak-dev] Re: Multiple finalizers per single object)

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Sun Sep 26 01:29:42 UTC 2010

On Fri, 24 Sep 2010, Igor Stasenko wrote:

> 2010/9/24 Levente Uzonyi <leves at elte.hu>:

snip

>> Today or tomorrow I'll check the code more in-depth and prepare mczs from
>> your changesets (if noone else does it before me).
>>
> Please, do :)

It's in the Trunk now. I did the following changes:
- there was a bug in the evaluated code in WeakFinalizationRegistry
class >> #migrateOldRegistries, the first argument of forgetClass:logged:
was a Symbol instead of a Class, so WeakFinalizationRegistry was still
around.
- WeakRegistry >> #keys is now protected
- I merged the old comment of WeakRegistry with the new one
= I merged phase-0 with phase-1
- I omitted phase-3, because I added the migration code to phase-2
- I omitted phase-4 because those tests are already in the Trunk

What I didn't do so far, is that I didn't build a VM with the new
finalization support, so someone should check if it works as expected.

Levente

P.S.: Seems like the MC postscript is evaluated before the class
initializers which is a bit surprising. This is why I couldn't merge
phase-2 into phase-1.