[squeak-dev] how to write to stdOut and stdErr under Cog

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 05:20:42 UTC 2010

On Sun, Sep 26, 2010 at 7:13 PM, Levente Uzonyi <leves at elte.hu> wrote:

> On Sun, 26 Sep 2010, Eliot Miranda wrote:
>
>  Hi Chris,
>>
>>   I have code for this, but right now I need to crack some crabs, so I
>> don't have time to verify this code in 4.1 :)  Use at your own risk ;)
>>  The
>> most important thing is the StandardFileStream>>stdioHandles primitive for
>> accessing the streams.  N.B. some work needs to be done on the win32
>> FilePlugin support code before this will work on Windows.
>>

> All three streams seem to be working on Windows Vista with the latest
> CogVM.
> This seems to be a really cool feature, though I think CrLfFileStream
> should be deprecated, so MultiByteFileStream support would be better IMO.

Forgive me.  I was unaware of the subtleties when I wrote the code.  The
important thing is the remembering of the three streams so that multiple
clients that e.g. write to stdout will end up writing to a singe stdout
stream, not multiple independent streams on stdout.  Feel free to fix my
stream usage.

cheers
Eliot