[squeak-dev] how to install (cyrillic) fonts on OSX?

Nikolay Suslov nsuslovi at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 06:47:59 UTC 2010

Hello,

Squeak 4.1 and the latest trunk support Russian language as well, so you
just need to import a proper Cyrillic font.
For example in my projects I use LiberationMono fonts (
https://fedorahosted.org/liberation-fonts/).
You could import fonts by drag&drop to your image and then change your
locale to 'ru'.

Locale switchToID: (LocaleID isoLanguage: 'ru').

Check the working with:

| label |
label := (StringMorph contents: 'Руссский язык') font: ((TextStyle named:
'LiberationMono') fontOfPointSize: 16) emphasis: 1.
label openInWorld.

Regards,
Nikolay