Hudson Build Server (Re: [squeak-dev] Re: New Trunk Image: Squeak4.2-10382-alpha)

Hannes Hirzel hannes.hirzel at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 08:57:51 UTC 2010

On 9/29/10, Alexander Lazarević <laza at blobworks.com> wrote:
> Lukas Renggli and Yanni Chiu did all the work to build a very flexible
> framework and to provide good documentation. For me it was just a
> matter of seeing how the bits and pieces work together and write some
> Squeak specific scripts.

This is called 'Installation' and 'System Integration' and 'System
Integration Testing'   :-)

I mean it is real work.....
Of course you build up your work on other's work.

Many thanks - this is an important contribution and I think will help
us to save time and get more convenience and reliability.

And a good reuse of work done by the Pharo people.

> See:
>
> Yannis Hudson Server at http://hudson.jooshr.org
> Lukas Hudson Server at http://hudson.lukas-renggli.ch
> Sources and Doku at http://github.com/renggli/builder
> (MagLev seems to be using it too http://github.com/MagLev/builder)
>
> When I get knack out of github I will try to fork and upload the few
> changes I made

OK

BTW which server OS did you use in your VirtualMachine onto which you
installed Hudson? E.g. CentOS? Which OS does the Squeak server use?

--Hannes