[squeak-dev] Re: [Pharo-project] [update 1.3] #13127 - 13129

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 17:13:42 UTC 2011

On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 9:26 AM, Nicolas Cellier <

> Eliot signalled recently in squeak-dev that a Compiler recompileAll
> was necessary because of some decompiler edge cases, but I did not
> understand fully why.
> Maybe we can differ it after integrating Issue 2559

One doesn't need a recompileAll.  The following will do just fine:

(SystemNavigation new allCallsOn: #repeat) do: [:ea| ea actualClass
recompile: ea methodSymbol]

In general if one changes the set if inlined selectors one should recompile
all senders of those selectors.  The decompiler assumes that it is
decompiling the same btecodes as the current compiler produces for the
methods source.  Hence the bytecode needs to be kept in sync with the
compiler.