The future of Morphic (Re: [squeak-dev] SimpleMorphic Editors)

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2005 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 10:24:10 UTC 2011

On 4/2/11 6:48 AM, "Hannes Hirzel" <hannes.hirzel at gmail.com> wrote:

> Anything is fine as long as SimpleMorphic will be the default in the
> future and the FullMorphic may be loaded on top of it (or by replacing
> it).
>
> I think at this very moment it is not so much a discussion Metacello
> vs. Squeakmap but rather: Is it possible to load SimpleMorphic and
> what needs to be done to make it good enough for carrying the workload
> for developing in Squeak. And then the next question: can we put
> FullMorphic into squeaksource and make it possible to reload it from
> there.
>
> BTW what do I need to do to load SimpleMorphic as of now?

David Lewis start a project into SqueakSource
Balázs Kósi send his own to this list some days ago and also I is working on
it.
For now and until all was merged, you could download
SimpleMorphic-kb.10 from http://www.squeaksource.com/SimpleMorphicSqueak

And SMx-edc.20

You could open SMxMorphicProject, navigate from SimpleMorphic to
LegacyMorphc worlds and in SimpleMorphic

All windows via open works and text could be copied in Workspace via
clipboard.

Edgar