The future of Morphic (Re: [squeak-dev] SimpleMorphic Editors)

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Sat Apr 2 14:21:50 UTC 2011

Edgar J. De Cleene wrote:

> On 4/2/11 8:39 AM, "David T. Lewis" <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:
>

>> One note of caution: Don't save your image from a SimpleMorphic world,
>> because there are still issues with image restart. Instead, return
>> to Morphic or MVC and then save.
>>
>> Dave
>>

> Having MonticelloBrowser window opwn in SimpleMorphic, still some dnu, see
> attached
>
> Method scheduledWindowControllers is implemented in ControlManager , not in
> Controller
>
> Also, for fileIn some Cuis methods, Juan have a different Compiler.
>
> Must Cuis and Squeak 4.3 Compiler merge ?
>
> Here is raining and nice for squeaking....
>

> Edgar

Hi Edgar,

Cuis doens't have a different compiler. It uses the same compiler as
Squeak, and I keep it updated. I'm pretty sure any problems you might
find is not because of the compiler.

What specific problems have you found?

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich

Ps. Let me repeat that I support the initiatives to use SimpleMorphic on
Squeak and Pharo, and I'm willing to answer any questions.