Learning from Cuis (was The future of Morphic (Re: [squeak-dev] SimpleMorphic Editors))

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Sat Apr 2 16:00:10 UTC 2011

Edgar J. De Cleene wrote:

> On 4/2/11 11:21 AM, "Juan Vuletich" <juan at jvuletich.org> wrote:
>

>> Hi Edgar,
>>
>> Cuis doens't have a different compiler. It uses the same compiler as
>> Squeak, and I keep it updated. I'm pretty sure any problems you might
>> find is not because of the compiler.
>>
>> What specific problems have you found?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Juan Vuletich
>>

> Also I found in classes exported from Cuis
>
> 'From Cuis 3.1 of 4 March 2011 [latest update: #850] on 27 March 2011 at
> 10:00:03 am'!
> !classDefinition: #Debugger category: #'Tools-Debugger'!
>
> I follow in Cuis and learn, but this avoid direct fileOut and fileIn, need
> BBEdit
>
> Still a lot to learn, be patient....
>

> Edgar

Yes, in Cuis ClassDefinition is a proper change and not a doIt as in
Squeak. This way you can view differences, 'remove all to date' and
such, the same as with methods. Anyway, it is not a big deal at all.
Cuis fileouts also include the doIt for the class definition. I did this
only to ease exporting code for Squeak and Pharo. So, you can open the
changes brower, and remove all the classDefinitions. Just ignore them.

Or better yet, add support for classDefinition in Squeak, it is a great
enhancement.

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich