[squeak-dev] Re: Google for Squeak Source Codes

Zhe-Xi Lim limzhexi at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 2 19:18:38 UTC 2011

Casey Ransberger-2 wrote:

> Awesome! This is something that I've been thinking about ever since the
> first time I watched a progress bar crawl across the screen after choosing
> to search all source code for a string.

Hi Casey,

Yes, I had developed the search engine. It is called "StGoogle - Search
Engine for Smalltalk". Now it is available in Squeak Source:
http://www.squeaksource.com/StGoogle.html
http://www.squeaksource.com/StGoogle.html . Now the annoying progress bar
can be eliminated and start to enjoy searching for codes using StGoogle, it
satisfies your search in less than a second.

In order to launch the search UI, fire up a workspace in Squeak and do the
command: StGoogleBrowser openStGoogleBrowser.

Hope you can have a try on it.

Thanks and Regards,
Zhe-Xi