[squeak-dev] The Inbox: Monticello-cmm.452.mcz

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 18:19:41 UTC 2011

Ok, I believe with this and the Installer-Core-cmm.349.mcz also in the
Inbox, we can totally restore the legacy Installer behavior.

I recommend, however, that we only go with Installer-Core-cmm.349.mcz,
which fixes our current Installer problem but does not restore the
pure prefix-matching capability.  I just think that kind of power
leaves too much uncertainty about what willl be loaded.

For example, I used Levente's example for my unit-test:

> Installer squeaksource
>       project: 'Xtreams';
>       install: 'Xtreams-Support';
>       install: 'Xtreams-Core-';

At one time this may have worked for Squeak to load
Xtreams-Support-MartinKobetic.7.  However, in the last month,
Xtreams-Support.gemstone-dkh.11 was added, and now that is selected
based on prefix and mcSortBlock.

So, I personally prefer something more locked-down, but nevertheless
offer this code for debate for integration.

 - Chris