[squeak-dev] SmalltalkHub

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at angband.za.org
Thu Apr 7 18:34:59 UTC 2011

On 2011/04/07 15:29, Chris Cunnington wrote:
> Copied from the Pharo-project list:
>

> "Hi,
>
> We've been working on a new code repository& project management
> application for Smalltalk with ESUG named SmalltalkHub.
>
> If everything goes fine, the app should be in public beta in a week.
> The source code of SmalltalkHub will be available at the same moment
> (the project itself is hosted by SmalltalkHub).
>
> Here's a screenshot in the meantime.
> http://nicolas-petton.fr/2011/04/06/smalltalkhub-beta-in-a-week.html

I'm all for new stuff, but wouldn't it have been more logical to back
Max Leske's FSGit work, so we could use other people's efforts? It just
seems a no-brainer to me to write Monticello<->git interworkings and get
GitHub For Free(tm).

It seems a perennial problem in our community that we have to reinvent
the wheel instead of making our tools interoperate with what's already
out there.

frank