SqueakMap revival (was Re: [squeak-dev] Re: Refactoring Browser and Rewrite Engine for Squeak)

Colin Putney colin at wiresong.com
Thu Apr 7 19:12:48 UTC 2011

On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 12:07 PM, Chris Cunnington
<smalltalktelevision at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Colin,
>
> SqueakMap server seems to be up to me. http://map.squeak.org
> I'm not sure what you're aiming at exactly.
> In both 4.2 and 4.3, SqueakMap Catalog I don't see any Create New Release.

In 4.3, if you select a package, the context menu includes a "Create
New Release" item. That opens a new window where you can enter the
details and your SM credentials. Click "save" to upload to the server.
When I tried it last night, it would time out connecting to the
server. Maybe it's working now, I'll try it again.

> If you log into map.squeak.org, then you can go to your account page and hit
> Add Package.

Yeah, but want to create a new release for an existing package. You
can certainly do that on the web UI, but it's more complicated. If I
can't get the in-image UI to work, I'll fall back to the web.

Colin