[squeak-dev] SmalltalkHub

Colin Putney colin at wiresong.com
Thu Apr 7 19:19:07 UTC 2011

On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 12:08 PM, Casey Ransberger
<casey.obrien.r at gmail.com> wrote:
> Er, well, file based tools don't work well for Smalltalk code because our fileout format isn't meant to be edited by humans. It doesn't have to be this way. Look at GNU Smalltalk. Files work fine there because there's support for them...

Well, you could invent a new syntax and a system for dealing with code
in files, sure. The Pharo folks are doing that with Coral. But that
goes far beyond what Frank proposed, and it's probably more work than
writing SmalltalkHub. Besides, who wants to write Smalltalk code in
emacs?

Colin