[squeak-dev] Did we really nailed files?

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 23:23:35 UTC 2011

I'm with you on the filtering.  But a lot of that could be solved at a
tool-level.

I think a Package is a essential unit of organization; semantically
and practically.  I agree it would be nice for inter-package
operations, as well as refactoring operations, to be able to be better
integrated.

I also agree that file-based SCM does introduce challenges and a lot
of redundancy.

But MC1 is impressive by its staying power and relative simplicity.

 - Chris

On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 5:35 PM, Nicolas Cellier