[squeak-dev] SimpleMorphic Editors

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2005 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 10:48:20 UTC 2011

On 4/10/11 12:28 PM, "David T. Lewis" <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:

>>> ?- One set of these overrides occur in MCTool ui building. MCTool uses
>>> ToolBuilder sometimes, sometimes not. If we would use ToolBuilder
>>> everytime, this problem would go away. Nicolas has a simple change in
>>> the inbox, which fixes this (Monticello-nice.404). IMO we should adopt
>>> it.

>> Updating a fresh Squeak4.3-11157.image go to Squeak4.3-11224.image
>> This have Monticello-cmm.454 and no Monticello-nice.404 in the history.
>> I merge by hand

I summit SimpleMorphic-edc.12 and SMx-edc.22 using the merge by hand,
eliminates only one override.
I cleanup some and we also have DependencyBropwser into SimpleMorphic now

Using it, could see all Monticello dependencies of LegacyMorphic, my goal is
solve all if possible.

So my idea is :
Change all references to FillInTheBlankMorph to UIManager default

MCWorkingCopyBrowser>>#addWorkingCopy
MCSmtpRepository class>>#morphicConfigure
MCRepository class>>#fillInTheBlankConfigure:

Add
SimpleMorphicUIManager>>#request:initialAnswer:centerAt:inWorld:onCancelRetu
rn:acceptOnCR:answerExtent:

Send by MCRepository class>>#fillInTheBlankConfigure:

All is done and if approved, send to trunk or to inbox

What i wish is agree on not so clear as

MCWorkingCopyBrowser>>#editLoadScripts
Where you have a reference to MenuMorph

Here I could use World isSimpleMorphic as interim solution.

Feedback please, I have time now for move forward, but I do not want to do
useless work.

Edgar