[squeak-dev] SMServer & GreenNeon

Chris Cunnington smalltalktelevision at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 13:02:21 UTC 2011

So, for what it's worth, here's GreenNeon. Feedback is welcome.

The full rewrite of SMServer is far from complete, but there's enough
happening here to see that it will be. It doesn't work on Pharo at this
point. If you ask me where the tests are, I'll just look blank.

You need to pre-populate your image with data for SMServer or else you
get a walkback. I just ran these instructions in a new 4.2, so they
should work fine. The OSHome web page is for an event I'm managing for
the Toronto Public Library.

Thanks,
Chris

Get data:

     The World>>open>>SqueakMap Catalog
     hit "Update"

install GN:

     (Installer ss project: 'WebClient')
     install: 'WebClient-Core'.

     (Installer ss project: 'GreenNeon')
         install: 'GreenNeon-Core';
         install: 'GreenNeon-Examples'.

Execute:

     SMSqueakMapView startOn: 8080

Go to localhost:8080 in a browser

You can use:

     SMSqueakMapView stop

or just clobber the site in the server-singleton with:

     OSHome startOn: 8080