[squeak-dev] more voters

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Mon Apr 11 22:33:21 UTC 2011

>>>>> "Jecel" == Jecel Assumpcao <jecel at merlintec.com> writes:

Jecel> This was one issue that the previous board was supposed to have solved
Jecel> but ended up slipping through the cracks. As part of the acceptance of
Jecel> the Squeak project by the SFC, we were supposed to come up with a more
Jecel> formal definition of who is part of the project (and so can vote) and
Jecel> how the list of members should be updated.

Jecel> Since this was too close to the election last year, we decided that an
Jecel> ad hoc solution was to start out with the old SqueakPeople list and
Jecel> patch that. There were other issues after that (such as the financial
Jecel> situation, now fully resolved, and the 4.2 release) and it once again
Jecel> fell to Göran patch the list this year. I would like to thank him for
Jecel> continuing to make this work for our community! But I hope we can come
Jecel> up with a proper solution for project membership over the next few
Jecel> months.

Indeed.  We should probably start focussing on this now (or a few months
from now) instead of waiting until "OMG... the election is upon us
again" time next March. :)