[squeak-dev] Inbox cleaning

Casey Ransberger casey.obrien.r at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 23:17:49 UTC 2011

I disagree. The thing that gets my inbox contribution into Squeak isn't waiting on a Mantis ticket (this is the problem that the Inbox addresses.) What gets my commits into Squeak is *communicating* with other people on the list about why my stuff should go in.

If the problem is folks are checking in and the commits are being overlooked, I'd suggest that people ask someone to move the changes to trunk. Just about every time I've done this, it's worked. The sole exceptions were two cases where my commits were bad, and another where I commited to the inbox and forgot to follow up.

I don't believe installing Mantis in the center of the feedback loop is going to do anything beyond make it harder for non-core developers to contribute and slow down the overall community development process.

I could be wrong but I bet I'm not.