[squeak-dev] [Ann] Cuis 3.2 is released

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Wed Apr 13 12:02:45 UTC 2011

Edgar J. De Cleene wrote:

> On 4/12/11 5:15 PM, "Juan Vuletich" <juan at jvuletich.org> wrote:
>

>> Hi Folks,
>>
>> Cuis 3.2 is available at http://www.jvuletich.org/Cuis/Index.html . From
>> the release notes:
>>
>> New in Cuis 3.2
>> -------------------
>>     * Enhanced look for menus and several other widgets
>>     * TIFFReader (100% Smalltalk code)
>>     * Many fixes and code enhancements and cleanup, especially in
>> Morphic (World, Canvas, DamageRecorder, etc)
>>     * Text / TextAttribute cleanup
>>
>> Many of the changes will be of interest to those working on updating
>> integrating SimpleMorphic into Squeak and Pharo.
>>
>> As usual, comments, discussion, bug reports, kudos and donations are all
>> welcome!
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Juan Vuletich
>>

> Like the LayoutMorphTest testLayout1 etc, this drive me to 'Morphic-Layouts'
> classes  and wonder why this is not on SimpleMorphic .....

Well, I did all this after SimpleMorphic. It was one of the big news of
Cuis 3.1. I suggest updating the code in SimpleMorphic to be on par with
the latest on Cuis. Besides the much nicer look, you also get better
performance and simpler code in _many_ places.

> And a question.
>
> Why not a ToolBuilder in Cuis, you think is unneeded ? I ask because in the
> future I would like to port some Trunk tools to Cuis.

Just because I didn't need it yet. Please go ahead and build it. It will
be a great way to ease porting stuff from Squeak.

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich