[squeak-dev] Inbox cleaning

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 00:19:58 UTC 2011

Of course, database like queries are a bonus of issue trackers...
Andreas' lightwight model (trunk) was to enable direct commit without
issue/enhancement tracing.
It was a rather pragmatic approach to reduce harvesting bottleneck and
given the fact mantis was not that successfull.
It works quite well except for these contributions not getting in trunk.

What i don't like:
- a single TreatedInbox for both accepted/rejected contributions
- no dedicated place to discuss contributions, provide rationale,
gather scattered mailing list discussions (think about half year
timespan).

To prevent contributions from rotting I can imagine two strategies:
- automatically reject outdated contributions to a StaledInbox
- automatically accept outdated contributions to trunk
a bit like some administration having a maximum delay to answer your queries :)

Nicolas