[squeak-dev] [Ann] Cuis 3.2 is released

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Thu Apr 14 17:47:15 UTC 2011

On 14.04.2011, at 17:15, Edgar J. De Cleene wrote:

> On 4/14/11 8:09 AM, "Bert Freudenberg" <bert at freudenbergs.de> wrote:
>
>> No, there are problems with your code. See my other message in the
>> "Monticello-edc.456" thread.
>>
>> - Bert -
>
> Well, now i know this is wrong.
> Like know what is right.
>
> Usinhg DependencyBrowser in fresh image
>
> MCTool>>#buttonRow: We have AlignmentMorph and PluggableButtonMorph
> MCWorkingCopyBrowser>>#editLoadScripts We have MenuMorph
> MCTool>>#multiListMorph:selection:listSelection:menu: We have
> PluggableListMorphOfMany
>
> And we could follow, but the critics was for
> MCRepository class>>#fillInTheBlankConfigure:
>
> I copy the code
>
> fillInTheBlankConfigure: aTemplateString
>    | chunk repo |
>
>    aTemplateString ifNil: [ ^ false ].
>    chunk := FillInTheBlankMorph
>            request: self fillInTheBlankRequest
>            initialAnswer: aTemplateString
>            centerAt: Sensor cursorPoint
>            inWorld: World
>            onCancelReturn: nil
>            acceptOnCR: false
>            answerExtent: 400 at 120.
>
>    chunk
>        ifNotNil: [
>            repo := self readFrom: chunk readStream.
>            repo creationTemplate: chunk.
>    ].
>
>    ^ repo

IMHO the right way would be to simply use the existing multiLineRequest:centerAt:initialAnswer:answerHeight: method.

Only if it turns out there is a need to specify the actual extent, and not just the height, a multiLineRequest:centerAt:initialAnswer:answerExtent: method could be added.

The more methods we add to ToolBuilder, the harder it is to implement a new graphics framework. So we should take some care with this.

- Bert -