[squeak-dev] Inbox cleaning

Casey Ransberger casey.obrien.r at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 16:44:25 UTC 2011

On Apr 15, 2011, at 9:22 AM, Chris Muller <asqueaker at gmail.com> wrote:

> Maybe instead of automatically moving them, we should just have the
> system automaticaly prod the squeak-dev list with an e-mail:
>
>    Attention:  Collections-cmm.123 is now 60 days old.

+1

> Or whatever.
>
> One last crazy idea:  What if, core-devs who don't process Inbox items
> are relieved of their core-dev status; while those that contribute
> Inbox items that get accepted are eventually promoted to core-dev
> (which is how a prior core-dev would regain his status).

Uh, how do you deal with my ill advised checkin to the inbox? If you can get out if jail free by moving it to the treated inbox, well, maybe. But I don't know if I want to force an extra responsibility on our volunteers.

Frankly I'm not real sure what the problem is. Every time I've posted to the inbox and asked someone to merge in my bits, they've either gone in, or I was doing something that people didn't want.

Is this discussion limited to the cases where folks aren't sure it should go in, etc., and then the inbox diverges from the trunk?

I think rather than automatically giving all of the core devs an extra responsiblilty, perhaps the board can appoint a community member to watch the inbox and make sure the necessary communication occurs on the list?

I seriously don't think it's that much harder than "Hey, Chris:) Would you merge this in when you have a chance?"