[squeak-dev] Anomolies in Text morphs, copy/paste

Gary Dunn garydunnhi at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 08:51:30 UTC 2011

I have been working with text morphs and found some bugs. This report
is about copy/paste. I present the results in a table, hope it arrives
in a readable format.

Setup:

Windows 7, Squeak 4.2
>From Objects flap, drag Scrolling Text morph onto desktop, set name TextA
Repeat, name TextB
Enter some distinctive text in each

Use mouse-yellow-copy to copy unless otherwise noted
For results, "mouse" means yellow-paste, "kbd" means ctrl-v

                                   -----     Result     -----
Action                          Mouse              Kbd
--------                           ---------               ----------
copy/paste A to B         error, pasted     correct
                                   into A

Notepad to A                correct             correct

Notepad to B                error, pasted     correct
                                   into A

A to Notepad                correct              correct

B to Notepad                error, text          correct
                                   from A appears

Had similar results with Squeak 4.2 on FreeBSD 8.0/Gnome. I was
surprised that I could copy/paste with gedit.

--
Gary Dunn
Honolulu