[squeak-dev] Inbox and Communication

Colin Putney colin at wiresong.com
Sat Apr 16 16:37:31 UTC 2011

On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 10:57 PM, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com> wrote:

> Use some false initials that name the branch, and start its version numbers
> from e.g. 1.  So I name my open-source Cog versions VMMaker-oscog.N.  The
> package still has my initials as author.  David is using
> VMMaker-oscog.dtl.N, etc.

Actually, MC does have some support for branching. If you use the
following convention, MC will do the "right" thing - group the
branched versions together in the UI, automatically suggest a version
name that's on a branch, and still allow you to merge between
branches. The naming convention is:

So if Eliot were using the standard convention, his versions would be
named like this:

VMMaker.oscog-eem.147

Colin