[squeak-dev] [Ann] Cuis 3.2 is released

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2005 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 10:43:06 UTC 2011

On 4/17/11 1:36 PM, "Hannes Hirzel" <hannes.hirzel at gmail.com> wrote:

> Edgar

> says
>
> that the Morphic package depends on Monticello.
>
> The dependency created by the classes
>
> ListItemWrapper
> MenuMorph
> PluggableListMorph
> PluggableListMorph..
> PluggableMultiColumn...
> SimpleHierarchicalLis...
> SystemWindow
> TheWorldMenu
>
> (I just used the screen shot and not all class names were fully visible)
>
> So what does this mean for integrating SimpleMorphic?
>
> --Hannes

Means we should change all call references to Morph(s) in Monticello with
some best.

All references to FillInTheBlankMorph could easily be changed to UIManager
default.

But we do not have this for MenuMorph, etc.
One idea I send some days ago could be use ToolBuilder default and his
subclasses where we have a category widget classes with methods like
buttonClass, listByItemClass, menuClass, etc.
And still we must add some code for solve all ....

As example other mcz I send for review have

  ----- Method: MCTool>>textMorph: (in category 'morphic ui') -----
  textMorph: aSymbol
+     ^ UIManager default toolBuilder textPaneClass on: self text: aSymbol
accept: (aSymbol, ':') asSymbol!
* ^ PluggableTextMorph on: self text: aSymbol accept: (aSymbol, ':')
asSymbol!

So i wait in the bench waiting our coach say this is the way to go or not

Edgar