[squeak-dev] [ANN] SmalltalkHub demo online

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at angband.za.org
Tue Apr 19 17:14:26 UTC 2011

On 2011/04/19 17:19, Nicolas Petton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are happy to announce the first public demo of SmalltalkHub:
> http://smalltalkhub.objectfusion.fr
>
> You can explore SmalltalkHub at:
> http://smalltalkhub.objectfusion.fr/explore
>
> This is an alpha quality demo, please use it for testing purposes only.
> Several features that will be included in the final release are missing,
> especially:
>
> - Team management
> - Client-side scripting features
> - Full commit lists
>
> Still incomplete features:
> - the UI for cloning is incomplete, especially, the list of forks is
> missing
> - The issue tracker is only partly implemented
> - Several admin tools are missing
> - The explore page misses a few things

Despite my misgivings (that I thought implementing Monticell-git
interworking to get GitHub For Free(tm)), I'm rather impressed.

How do I actually use it though? I added a project
(http://smalltalkhub.objectfusion.fr/user/fbs/Shift/Reset), but I can't
copy my local MCZs to it. MCHttpRepository (in a Squeak trunk image)
throws an error with message below, from
MCHttpRepository>>writeStreamForFileNamed:replace:do:

HTTP/1.1 302 Found