[squeak-dev] Re: Hello list

Rodney Polkinghorne rodneyp at physics.uq.edu.au
Wed Apr 20 04:56:36 UTC 2011

> There are a various ways to distribute your code, but you may want
> to start by just sending a copy of your change set to this list
> and asking for feedback.

I'm going on holidays tomorrow, so I'll leave that until I come back.

> Be sure to look at class Complex in the image.

I found that, tried it, and got sick of saying "0 asComplex" in about
two minutes.  Someone must have been there before; Number currently
accepts an #argument message, and answers 0 or pi according to sign.
I think everything that knows its modulus and argument should know its
real and imaginary parts.

I like the syntactic pun by which Number accepts a message #i.

> Didier H. Besset's Object-Oriented Implementation of Numerical Methods:
> An Introduction with Java & Smalltalk

Thanks for the pointer.