[squeak-dev] Re: [Pharo-project] SqueakSource 3

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Wed Apr 20 16:51:28 UTC 2011

On 4/20/2011 16:26, Tobias Pape wrote:
>> In a Squeak 4.2 image with seaside preloaded, trying to install
>> SqueakSource3, the first error coming is:
>> MessageNotUnderstood: MethodContext>>tempScopedNames (seems to be in
>> WAPharoWalkback).
>
> Ah, that one…, -.-'
> One of the differences between Squeak and Pharo.
> The method is called tempNames in Squeak and was in earlier Pharos.
> Now the Pharo one changed and is used henceforth in WAPharoWalkback.

Are you sure? If I look at Pharo I see #tempNames in all versions that I
can find. It would be odd too, to have a perfectly good method like
#tempNames be renamed to something ridiculously weird such as
#tempScopedNames (what does that even mean?). I think this is simply
some copy/paste mistake since for some inexplicable reason
tempScopedNames appears to be used by Pharo's version of
ContextPart>>tempsAndValuesLimitedTo:indent:.

So the fix seems rather simple; just use #tempNames.

Cheers,
   - Andreas